Headaches, sinus problems, watery itchy eyes, sneezing, chronic cough, and, other respiratory symptoms may occur with a mold allergy.
Check for sources of moisture that can contribute to mold not only indoors, but, outdoors as well.
- Look for excess moisture around windows & door frames.
- Fix leaking plumbing & faucets as soon as possible.
- Check high humidity level & damp areas such as basements and showers.
- Make sure appliances, such as your refrigerator & dryer are well ventilated & cleaned regularly.
- Keep heating, and air conditioning (HVAC) drip pans clean & and unobstructed.
- Provide proper foundation drainage, sloping the ground away from the foundation. Condensation, standing water & shady damp areas outdoors can also contribute to mold, as well as area of clutter.
Here’s a Brief Guide to Mold & removal from the EPA http://www.epa.gov/mold/moldcleanup.html